Thursday, September 18, 2008

A New Normal.






Ok...so we're 4 weeks into our new life with 3 kids. It's been a whirlwind of a month, but a good whirlwind. Nothing to complain of...everything to rejoice. Though my labor and delivery didn't go as I had planned, it went as I hoped: with the outcome of a healthy baby. For those of you who didn't hear, I had an emergency c-section within 1 hour of my water breaking....Anna's heart rate was dropping with each contraction. The cause was the cord wrapped around her neck and the result being a 3 day, $20,000 stay in the NICU!!! Thank God for good insurance. :) She and I have recovered nicely and quickly. She is a very sweet baby with a sweet spirit...very joyful...though she hasn't smiled in response to anyone yet, her eyes smile when you talk to her.

Home life is adjusting as well. Ethan and Bella LOVE their baby sister....it's hard to keep their hands and lips off of her! Mike and I, mostly me, are limited in our sleep of course and learning how to juggle 3 kids. You know how with each new baby you have, you think back to life with the last and say, "having only 2 kids was easy!"...that's the stage we're in now. 2 Kids was a lot of work, but seemingly EASY compared to 3 kids! I'm happy that Annie is such an easy going and patient baby, who hardly ever cries....it makes our life easier when we have a Ethan and Bella to tend to as well. Is that just the way the 3rd baby is because they have to be? I'm assuming so, either that or God just knew we needed a mellow baby for the time being.

So, all in all, things are finally back to normal....but normal has changed and we love it. :)

3 comments:

Dalynn said...

Yeah for the new post! I love all of Annie's pictures. She is a doll! Happy to hear things are going so well.

christina said...

what a beautiful family you have. i wish we saw you more!

Mrs. Taft said...

She's so adorable :) All your kids are, really :)